Unit Secretary - Atrium Health Union Progressive Care Unit - FT Days
This job posting is no longer active.
Monroe, NC, United States
Job ID: 51112
Job Family: Clerical Support
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11081005630366-Nursing - Progressive Care
Location: AH Union Main - 600 Hospital Drive
Performs the clerical duties related to patient care and nursing support under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. Serves as the receptionist and offers assistance to physicians, team members, patients, visitors, etc., and communicates with all healthcare disciplines.
- Communicates with patients, visitors, physicians, nursing team members, and various healthcare workers by answering telephone/patient intercom and providing assistance where needed.
- Completes computer data entry requirements, which include order entry/cancellation and miscellaneous billing.
- Places calls to physician offices and related hospital departments to schedule patient appointments, tests, and procedures.
- Maintains patients' medical records by assembling charts, thinning charts, adding new forms, and disassembling patient records upon discharge.
- Operates fax machine, pneumatic tube, and scanner to communicate orders to other departments and transports materials.
- Prints computer-generated forms and places in appropriate location in the chart for physician and nurse use.
- Conveys relevant information in change of shift report.
- Maintains an available supply of forms for the medical records.
- Participates in department performance improvement activities with a focus on patient safety and excellence in customer service.
Requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 75 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Ability to type 30 words per minute required. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred. Data entry experience and/or experience in health care preferred.