Mammography Technologist Atrium Health Cabarrus FT
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 47708
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11141024639202-Radiology-Breast Health
Location: Concord - 1045 NE Gateway Ct NE
Performs mammographic procedures under the direct supervision of a radiologist. Operates mammographic equipment with proficiency, utilizing radiation safety practices and departmental protocols to produce a high quality examination.
- Verifies patient ID armband and validates proof of identity.
- Reviews patient mammography medical history and correlates prior mammograms to ensure the correct examination is being performed.
- Performs digital imaging acquisition and recognizes factors that affect image acquisition, display, archiving, and retrieval.
- Evaluates technical quality of images and consults with a radiologist if needed.
- Assists radiologist during invasive procedures and practices proper sterile technique in the assembling of necessary supplies.
- Reports malfunctioning equipment to the department supervisor. Performs troubleshooting and minor repair procedures under the direction of clinical engineering.
- Maintains patient records to include completing orders correctly, charging exams and supplies and verifying correct exam was sent to PACS.
This position requires moderate to heavy physical efforts in lifting and moving patients, equipment and supplies. Must be able to push, pull, and lift weights of up to 600 pounds with assistance. Requires frequent standing, sitting, walking, bending and lifting. Required to stretch, bend, twist, squat, and kneel in the daily operation of the Mammography department. Exposure to various physical conditions such as walking on hard surfaces and climbing stairs. Able to adapt to changes in temperature and humidity. Required to use radiation safety guidelines to prevent exposure to ionizing radiation.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate of an accredited two-year AMA and ARRT approved program in Radiologic Technology required. The R.T. must have met the federal mammography training requirements as specified in the Mammography Quality Standards Act of 1992(MQSA). ARRT and advanced certification in Mammography is required. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.