Rome, GA, United States
Job ID: 51655
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Temporary
Department Name: 12311112530001-Emergency Department
Location: Floyd Medical Center
The Nurse Technician performs duties necessary to provide the best in patient care, but not to the extent requiring service and judgement of a licensed nurse. Maintains a clean, safe and quiet environment in support to patient comfort and contentment. Provides supportive care to patients in all medical-surgical units with adequate supervision and cross training. The Nurse Technician works cooperatively with the medical staff and other hospital employees who support the care of adult and geriatric patients.
The qualified candidate will possess the following:
1. High School graduate
2. Current enrollment in a Nursing Program of an accredited school of Registered Professional Nurses; having successfully completed the first quarter or semester.
3. Current American Heart Association BCLS certification, recertified annually.
4. Completion on competency checklist with first 90 days of employment.
1. Currently enrolled as a nursing student and has successfully completed the first quarter or semester of nursing school. Verification of enrollment to be provided by student from the nursing school on offical letterhead.
2. Must provide verification of Competency Skills Checklist from School of Nursing in order to perform specific skills during employment.
C. Interpersonal requirements
1. Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills, has a commitment to customer service.
2. Communicates effectively with all applicable customers and age groups.
3. Demonstrates the ability to follow instructions in a positive manner. Ask questions and seeks clarification appropriately