Echocardiography Technologist II - Medical Group - Pediatrics
This job posting is no longer active.
Hickory, NC, United States
Job ID: 50528
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 27461032432063-Cardiology-Pediatric
The Pediatric Echo Tech II independently performs and provides timely preliminary report of findings on patients including premature infants, neonates, children, adolescents and adults referred for evaluation of suspected or known congenital heart disease.
- Performs echocardiographic procedures of common congenital heart diseases according to standards set by the Pediatric Echocardiography Laboratory and consistently achieves accurate, quality information while following procedural guidelines and protocols.
- Independently obtains image and Doppler information required to define complex congenital heart disorders for patients referred for evaluation of non-corrected anatomy and function and/or evaluation of surgical reconstruction or repair, or placement of prosthetic devices using echocardiographic modalities such as: 2D, Color Flow, Doppler and TDI.
- Collaborates with attending physician and supervising physician to ensure quality patient care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of equipment necessary to perform echocardiograms. Documents when standards and protocols cannot be followed.
- Assists in the coordination and participation in Outreach services.
- Initiates and maintains orderly and complete departmental records. Prepares and delivers preliminary reports an appropriate manner and informs appropriate personnel of significant findings.
- Prepares and delivers preliminary reports an appropriate manner and informs appropriate personnel of significant findings.
- May perform role of a preceptor by teaching new or needed skills to staff and students upon request.
- Attends departmental and interdepartmental meetings as required.
- Participates in accreditation process including quality assurance, ranging from collection of data to implementing process improvement
- Assists in preparation of echocardiography materials for case conferences, CQI meetings, research and educational presentations upon request.
- Attends educational presentations of journal articles or attendance to clinical based workshop as needed.
- Provides assistance, guidance and equipment preparation for TEE, OR and Cath lab echoes during a variety of interventional procedures or surgeries.
- Assists with correlation of findings with reported or anticipated results from prior fetal echo studies.
General hospital environment with possible exposure to infectious/contagious disease and hazardous materials. Environment is climate controlled. Light to moderate physical requirements with frequent walking, standing, stooping and reaching. Lifting of up to 50 lbs. of weight with assistance. Pushing and pulling of up to 25 lbs.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Meets all requirements of Echocardiography Tech Peds I and Echocardiography Tech Peds II ladder criteria. Current and successful completion of BLS required. Diploma from an accredited school of ultrasound OR an Associate degree. Five (5) years of experience as a pediatric cardiac sonographer required. Requires the following certifications: Registered Diagnostic Cardiology Sonographer (RDCS) in Pediatric Echo by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) – or Registered Congenital Cardiovascular Sonographer (RCS) by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI). Ability to operate expertly the ultrasound equipment with specialized Cardiology software and a desktop computer is required. Advance knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy, physiology and pathology as related to cardiac circulation required.