Surgical Technologist- Weekend Days
Rome, GA, United States
Job ID: FH013485
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Weekdays 7a-7p Monday-Friday
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 12311112530170-Operating Room
Under the general supervision of a registered professional nurse, the Surgical Technologist (ST) participates as a member of the perioperative nursing team. The primary focus of this position is the scrub person role in addition to performing direct and indirect care of the neonate, infant, child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric surgical patient. The Surgical Technologist performs in a cost-effective manner without compromising quality; participates in department quality assurance and performance improvement; and participates as a resource person for staff and assists in new staff training.
In addition the ST:
* Meets hospital and department standards for professional accountability (continuing education and competency);
* Demonstrates competency to scrub in minor surgical and endoscopic procedures; Demonstrates competency to scrub in complex surgical procedures in at least two surgical specialties.
* Demonstrates knowledge of Standards and Recommended Practices for Perioperative Nursing related to technical skill level;
* Participates in department quality assurance and performance improvement;
* Participates as a resource person for staff and assists in new staff training
* Participates in cost reduction initiatives by the hospital 3. Pays attention to details under all circumstances