Nutrition Care Coordinator - Cabarrus
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 47276
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11141004843401-Dietary Services
Location: AH Cabarrus Main - 920 Church St N
Participates as a member of the patient services team with primary responsibility working in the diet office and call center. Maintains the patient nutrition care record and communicates with nursing to ensure appropriate diet order documentation.
- Transfers pertinent patient information from the diet office management software including food allergies, supplements, nourishments, and special diet instructions.
- Prints selected reports from the diet office management software.
- Enters meal selection information for patients on critical care units.
- Prints meal tickets for units on traditional meal service and on house diets.
- Interacts with production staff for patient special diet needs.
- Monitors call center queue, answers call center phone line, and takes patient meal orders for room service.
- Prints labels for nourishments.
- Tallies supplements ordered for patients.
Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds, with frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Repetitive motions such as turning, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling and twisting. Sitting for extended periods of time.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Must demonstrate basic math skills. Must be trainable on the diet office software and hospital information system. Must be able to use the printer, telephone, copier, 2-way radio, Meditech system, and calculator.