Radiology nursing practice is continually evolving, the nurses serve all ages from infant to geriatric and practices in the following modalities diagnostics, neuro/general interventional, ultrasound, CT, nuclear medicine, and MRI. Duties include moderate sedation, prep/recovery for outpatient/inpatient procedural and cardiac population, obtaining IV/port access for studies, monitoring patients for cardiac studies. Critical care, cardiac or emergency care background are strongly encouraged for this fast pace environment.
This candidate would be joining a team of 3 other Radiology RN’s, 2 other full time and one PRN. They divide their duties on a weekly rotation supporting operative (Moderate Sedation) Interventional Radiology procedures, pre-op work-up, post-op recovery, and float between our many imaging areas supporting as needed, port access, mild sedation, patient monitoring (MRI pacemaker), etc. A strong background in patient assessment and critical care is recommended, as well as the ability to use critical thinking skills while working in a busy environment.
Atrium Health University City provides a range of healthcare services in the University City, Mint Hill, North Mecklenburg and Southwest Cabarrus regions in North Carolina. For more than 24 years, we have been a healthcare leader in the community and our staff of physicians and specialists are committee to advanced care for our patients. Our team of professionals brings experience and compassion to all the patients they treat.
The RN Clinical Nurse I provides professional nursing care through skillful assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation in accordance with facility or department policies procedures, and/or protocols under the supervision of the nursing leader. Assists in maintaining a safe work environment and performs all related job responsibilities in a safe manner. Maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the population of patients served.
- Collects data pertinent to the healthcare consumer's health or the situation. Analyzes the assessment data to determine actual or potential diagnoses, problems, and issues.
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the healthcare consumer or the situation.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies to attain expected, measurable outcomes.
- Implements the identified plan, coordinates care delivery, and employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment.
- Delegates elements of care to appropriate healthcare workers in accordance with any applicable legal or policy parameters or principles.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of goals and outcomes.
- Practices in a manner that is congruent with cultural diversity and inclusion principles.
- Communicates effectively in all areas of practice.
- Collaborates with healthcare consumer and other key stakeholders in the conduct of nursing practice.
- Leads within the professional practice setting and the profession.
- Integrates evidence and research findings into practice.
- Contributes to quality nursing practice.
- Evaluates one's own and others nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules and regulations.
- Utilizes appropriate resources to plan, provide, and sustain evidence-based nursing services that are safe, effective, and fiscally responsible.
- Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy manner.
- Practices ethically.
- Promotes shared governance, or facility decision making activities, developing and nurturing research to positively affect clinical outcomes and promotion.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak English in good, understandable terms. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or unit conditions. Physical Abilities Testing required. Education, Experience and Certifications.
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. BSN preferred. Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider status according to American Heart Association. Current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state in which you work and reside or; if declaring a National License Compact (NLC) state as your primary state of residency, meet the licensure requirements in your home state; or for Non-National License Compact states, current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner required in the state where the RN works. Candidate with pre/post procedure experience is preferred