This job posting is no longer active.
Rome, GA, United States
Job ID: 49600
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 12311112530001-Emergency Department
The EMT performs duties necessary to provide the best in patient care, but not to the extent requiring service and judgment of a registered or licensed nurse. This individual provides and maintains a clean, safe and quiet environment in support of patient comfort and contentment. The EMT promotes the practice of family-centered care. He/she provides supportive care to patients in all units with adequate supervision and cross training. In addition to participating in performance improvement activities, the EMT works cooperatively with the medical staff and other hospital staff who support the care of adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
1. High school diploma or GED from an accredited institute required
2. State-approved Emergency Medical Technician course required
1. Current Basic Cardiac Life Support
2. Current Georgia Emergency Medical Technician certification (EMT-A)
3. Current advanced cardiac life support certification of audit or equivalent
4. Current basic trauma life support certification of audit or equivalent