Diagnostic Ultrasound Technologist III - OB/GYN - Medical Group
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 49401
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 29571049933516-Obstetrics/Gynecology
Location: SouthPark - 4525 Cameron Valley Pkwy
Performs obstetrical and gynecological diagnostic ultrasound procedures under the supervision of a physician.
- Reviews physician requisition orders and instructions concerning patient preparation for ultrasound procedure.
- Communicates to OB/GYN nursing team status of patient condition pre and post procedure.
- Performs ultrasound imaging for fetal diagnosis and anomaly detection for patients with high risk indications.
- Performs ultrasound guidance for gynecological sonography including doppler and obstetrical studies.
- Performs ultrasound studies for diagnosis including but not limited to assessment of fetal growth, development and age, evaluation of fetal anomalies and abnormal AFP screening.
- Documents procedure performed on patient medical record.
- Assists with administrative duties as requested.
Requires standing, stretching, bending, pulling and pushing patients, supplies and moving ultrasound machine. Must have the ability to grasp necessary transducers to use for sonography. Digital dexterity to enter data on ultrasound keyboard is necessary. Ability to work in a fast-paced setting and ability to handle stressful situations with empathy and professionalism is a must. Must speak English fluently. Exposure to communicable diseases.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Current license Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer required with a specialty in OB-GYN. 3 years’ experience in OB-GYN required. Competency in Nuchal Translucency and Nasal Bone Imaging may be required based on department. If Nuchal Translucency and Nasal Bone Imaging is not required by department, greater than 5 years of experience required. Registered in Nuchal Translucency and Nasal Bone Imaging required within one year.