This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 49243
Job Family: Financial Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Business Hrs as Needed
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028340929-Finance Administration
Performs a variety of financial duties including planning, analysis, budgeting, and reporting. Retrieves, analyzes, and reports financial information and models.
Each employee has the responsibility to work in a safe manner. Work requires frequent moving from one area to another, coordinating, and communicating with persons in various disciplines and agencies.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field, M.B.A. preferred. 3-5 + years of experience in financial planning, analysis, and modeling. Ability to present financial information to a non-financial audience. Working knowledge of financial strategies. Strong organizational and multitasking skills. Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills. Detail-oriented and able to perform in a high-pressure environment. Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and SAP, Oracle, or related financial systems.
Additional Essential Functions
• Assists with preparation/filing of tax compliance requirements, including (but not limited to) the following core corporate tax functions for legal entities across the Enterprise, at all times maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local laws/regulations pertaining to those core corporate tax functions:
▪ Federal and state equivalent income and excise tax forms, including (but not limited to) Form 990, Form 990T, Form 1120, Form 1065, Form 720, and Form 4720, as well as related estimates and extensions
▪ Federal investment reporting, including (but not limited to) FinCEN Form 114, Form 926, Form 8865, and Form 5471
▪ State sales & use tax reporting, as well as NC semi-annual claims for sales/use tax refund, and related journal entries
▪ Business personal property tax listings and exemption applications with local taxing jurisdictions, and compilation/payment/accrual/budgeting of real and personal property tax bills
▪ State unclaimed property (escheats) reporting with all applicable state treasurers, as required, as well as periodic unclaimed property recovery efforts
▪ Maintenance/distribution of Federal Form W-9 & state equivalents, tax determination letters, and sales tax exemptions as requested
• Compiles and prepares annual community benefit expenses for legal entities across the Enterprise.
• Maintains tax accounting records and reports.
• Communicates with federal/state/local taxing jurisdictions regarding tax accounts of all legal entities across the Enterprise for core corporate tax functions, coordinating with Legal as needed.
• Supports tax aspects of annual external/internal financial audits and quarterly reviews.
• Analyzes new/existing tax legislation to maintain compliance and advise management on needed actions.
• Assists with identification and implementation of process improvements to achieve optimal efficiency, cost reduction and value.
• Performs reviews, research, and other related analyses upon request and assists with other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned.
Additional Training and Certifications Bachelor's degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred. CPA is preferred. Minimum of 4 years of corporate tax experience. Healthcare experience preferred. Must possess technical knowledge of federal/state taxation of tax exempt organizations, as well as proficiency and operational knowledge of direct tax and indirect tax processes. Must be able to work independently and possess strong oral and written communication skills. Must have strong project management skills and be able to deliver results in a complex and highly deadline driven environment, as well as communicating and working effectively cross-functionally in a rapidly changing environment. Must demonstrate a strong desire to exceed service expectations, and actively seek to improve/expand knowledge and capabilities