Dosimetrist Atrium Health Pineville FT
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 49625
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11071005432962-Radiation Therapy
Location: AH Pineville Main - 10628 Park Rd
Provides dosimetry services related to the planning and delivery of therapeutic radiation treatment in accordance with the radiation oncologist's prescription.
- Performs treatment planning dose distributions and calculations for external beams and brachytherapy, including 3-D planning, IMRT, seed implants and stereotactic radiosurgery.
- Oversees medical dosimetry practices and procedures.
- Consults with staff on implementation of the treatment plan.
- Performs calculations and provides technical support as required.
- Creates software files for localization and ensures implementation by staff.
- Participate in clinical research and continuing education.
Visual and motor skills required. Ability to lift minimum of 40 pounds. Travel to other locations.
Education, Experience and Certifications
HS Diploma or GED required. Board certified required or required within 1 year of employment. Min 2 years of medical dosimetry experience preferred.