Coordinator - Volunteer Services Kannapolis-FT Day
This job posting is no longer active.
Kannapolis, NC, United States
Job ID: 49711
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 43411035040501-Administration
Location: Kannapolis - 5003 Hospice Ln
Responsible for coordinating the daily operations of the volunteer program including recruiting, interviewing, orienting, scheduling, retaining volunteers.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to operate a volunteer program, interviews and orientation programs all volunteers to meet the daily needs.
- Coordinates appropriate recruitment, screening, supervision and recognition for all volunteers.
- Coordinates area specific training for all volunteers to function in their assigned areas of responsibility.
- Creates and maintains the schedule of assignments for all volunteers and securing substitutes for volunteer assignments.
- Ensures all volunteer records (hours, personnel files, annual TB tests, recognitions, health information, safety and training) are kept up to date.
- Evaluates the program ongoing for development of departmental goals, performance objectives and programs.
- Identifies value-added volunteer opportunities and initiatives for organizational transformation across the System to optimize the patient experience.
Work requires walking, sitting, lifting and reaching. Must have the ability to clearly communicate verbally in English in simple understandable terms. Ability to see and hear clearly. Ability to work under pressure while maintaining accuracy. Regular shift and inside work. Use of hands to write, use calculator, computer, fax machine, cash register, charge card machine. Able to bend, stretch and stoop.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's degree required or a minimum of three years volunteer management experience.