Assistant Supervisor - CMC Main Central Processing-3rd Shift
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 50114
Job Family: Laboratory Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011005039013-Laboratory - Central Processing
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
Assists and supports the Laboratory Supervisor and/or Director in monitoring assigned work and personnel. Provides continuing instruction for current and new personnel. Monitors and maintains supplies.
- Supervises and assists with workload assigned to Phlebotomy Services.
- Performs venipunctures as needed or assigned.
- Supervises specimen collection, processing, and referral process.
- Ensures completion and reporting of assignments.
- Provides instruction to all supervised teammates and orients/trains new personnel to laboratory procedures and practices.
- Reviews, improves and monitors the technique of venipuncture personnel.
- Monitors for unusual occurrences which may require the attention of the immediate supervisor.
- Inventories and maintains departmental supplies and materials
Works in an area which consists of infectious, chemical, electrical, mechanical and hazards common to a technical laboratory. Each teammate is responsible for working in a safe manner. Requires the stamina to stand and lean during phlebotomy. May be required to stoop, reach and lift light (20 pounds) to moderately heavy (50 pound) loads. Should be able to work in confined areas.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. 2 years of clinical laboratory experience, knowledge of laboratory procedures, the demonstrated ability to supervise the work of others, and ability to train others in the technique of venipuncture required.