Rehabilitation Technician - Atrium Health Mt. Holly
Belmont, NC, United States
Job ID: 43069
Job Family: Rehabilitative Services
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 44021001937706-Therapy Services - Inpatient
Location: Belmont - 275 Beatty Dr
Provides clerical and clinical assistance to professional and secretarial staff to ensure timely, efficient, professional and courteous patient care. Works closely with other disciplines and specialties within the department and facility as well as patients and families to assure a cohesive approach to patient care.
- Assists professional staff with Physical, Occupational, Speech, or Recreational Therapy treatments and/or completion of paperwork.
- Supervises patient exercise program in Physical and Occupational Therapy under the direct guidance of a therapist or an assistant.
- Prepares modalities for the Physical and Occupational Therapy licensed staff.
- Transports patients and equipment
- Monitors equipment for cleanliness and operation per regulatory guidelines.
- Reinforces patient and family education as instructed by the licensed therapy staff.
- Copies, stocks, and inventories therapy forms and supplies.
- Assists with orienting new and rotating staff.
- Provides cross-coverage as needed throughout Atrium Health facilities.
Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral/aural communication. Vision (corrected) adequate for reading. Intelligible speech and adequate language/cognitive skills to perform job duties. Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the day. Job duties sometimes require climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching overhead. Lifting of patients, equipment or supplies will be required up to 20 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally. Able to laterally transfer patients 100 pounds rarely. Must be able to demonstrate any appropriate exercise and activities to patients/caregivers. Personal Protective Equipment such as gloves, goggles, gowns, and masks are sometimes required due to possible exposure to hazardous chemicals or blood and body fluids. Work is in a fast-paced clinical environment. The work environment is primarily indoors but occasionally outdoors.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High school diploma or GED required. Some college classes preferred.