This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 45074
Job Family: Advanced Practice Provider
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 24/7/365
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 27321005432811-Neonatology
Atrium Health Levine Children’s is seeking a full-time highly skilled and motivated Neonatal Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant (who must have completed a post graduate fellowship in Neonatology) to join our growing team.
Atrium Health Levine Children’s Hospital (LCH) in beautiful Charlotte, NC, committed to being the region’s leading provider of pediatric health care services, has 11 floors and 234 inpatient beds. Our Level IV neonatal unit is comprised of a 32-bed neonatal progressive (convalescent) care nursery (NPCN) and a 53-bed neonatal intensive care nursery (NICU). Our neonatal unit is a regional referral center offering Total Body Cooling, ECMO, CT Surgery Services and all Subspecialty Services. Our current team of 50 Neonatal APPs are specifically trained and proficient in the provision of neonatal care under the direct supervision of Neonatologists working for Levine Children’s Neonatology Service Line. The Neonatology APP is responsible for evaluating, stabilizing, and treating patients with both acute and chronic illness. This includes but is not limited to the care of patients requiring ventilatory management, pre and post-operative patients, infants with severe and or complex congenital anomalies and life-threatening illness. In addition, this includes evaluation, stabilization, and initiating cardiopulmonary resuscitation in our labor and delivery unit and in the emergency room. The Neonatal APP is also involved in the admission and discharge process.
About our Team:
• This position is an opportunity to become part of an outstanding and dynamic team of Neonatal APPs involved in quality improvement, research initiatives and education of NNP students and Pediatric, OB and Family Practice Residents while at LCH
• Eligible for incentive pay for additional shifts, PTO and Performance Incentive Bonuses
• Competitive Salary – Including Relocation and a Full Comprehensive Benefit Plan
• $2500/5 days of CME
• Graduate of either an accredited NNP program or accredited Physician Assistant program with the additional completion of a post graduate fellowship in Neonatology. Current license to practice or eligible to practice as a NP or PA in North Carolina. Current prescriptive privileges and DEA license required. BLS for healthcare provider from AHA required. AAP Neonatal Resuscitation Program provider or instructor status required. PALS certification preferred. NC Compact State RN Licensure for NNP candidates.
• Master’s degree required or doctorate in nursing practice. NNP Certification from the National Certification Corporation (new graduates may apply before certification granted but employment contingent upon certification)
• Candidates must demonstrate appropriate critical thinking and interpersonal skills for working in a fast paced, high acuity, high census work environment. Ability to thoroughly evaluate maternal, fetal and neonatal history and perform thorough physical assessment, developing and articulating a sound plan of care. Able to demonstrate competency in core skills of the Neonatal APP role including endotracheal intubation and airway management, umbilical line insertion, arterial puncture and peripheral arterial line placement, needle thoracentesis and chest tube insertion, lumbar puncture, ventricular access device (not cardiac) aspirations, and exchange transfusion. Able to evaluate, assess, and monitor for neonatal co-morbidities.