Supervisor - Police
This job posting is no longer active.
Shelby, NC, United States
Job ID: 46705
Job Family: Protective Services
Status: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11111004941814-Security
Supervises the staff and is involved in all aspects of the daily security operation. Oversees the activities of the line officers assigned to the shift to preserve peace and order. Prevents and detects crimes, to protect persons and property and to perform duties relating to the welfare and safety of the staff, patients, visitors, and property of Atrium Health. First responder to any imminent threat to life or safety.
- Ensures the orders and instructions of the Lieutenant or Captain are carried out.
- Verifies payroll time sheets for their assigned teams.
- Makes a daily schedule for zone assignments. Conducts a briefing for the shift.
- Assists in Security coverage of shifts or special events.
- Supervises Police and Security Officers. Prepares team member evaluations (90 days, six month, and annual reviews).
- Responds and assists with calls for service with line officers as needed.
- Reports to Security Management on events or calls for service that warrant special or significant response.
- Demonstrates capability of communicating and demonstrating all skills required for the position as assessed through periodic skills assessments. Maintains all training and competency as required to maintain NC Criminal Justice Training Standards Company Police certification.
May have to run or exert intense physical effort in moving or restraining others. Must have close and intermediate visual acuity. Must be able to hear and verbally communicate with others. Walks/stands for extended periods of time, both inside and outside in a fast-paced environment. May be exposed to unfavorable weather conditions. Based on the physical requirements for this position all applicants for this position are required to undergo a physical ability test as a condition of employment.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
High School graduate or equivalent required. Must possess a valid NC or SC driver's license. Current Basic Law Enforcement Training or NC General Law Enforcement Certificate required. Attainment of commission under company police status required. Must have completed training equivalent to that of a NC Special Police Officer or have a minimum of 2 years Supervisory/Management experience in a related field. IAHSS Security Officers Basic and Advanced Certifications required. IAHSS Supervisory Certification must be obtained within 1 year of hire. Must be able to communicate effectively and clearly, in both oral and written form. Must complete or have completed training from Atrium Health that includes but is not limited to: Non-Violent Crisis Intervention/De-escalation, defensive tactics, baton, TASER, and firearms. Must successfully complete Atrium Health minimum standards for Special Police officers including acceptable firearms proficiency, background investigation, physical ability and psychological testing within 90 days of hire.