Radiology Technologist II Atrium Health Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Rock Hill
Rock Hill, SC, United States
Job ID: 46142
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 29071045033091-Orthopedic Services
Location: Rock Hill - 134 Professional Park Dr
Works primarily with providers and performs radiographic examinations with minimal supervision under the direction of the Providers when needed.
- Assist provides with daily clinical workflow.
- Performs and assists with radiographic duties.
- Documents patient history pertaining to specific procedure on requisition submitted by physician.
- Confirms patient identification by verbal confirmation and validating proof of identity.
- Consults with providers as necessary.
- Selects and operates equipment as dictated by demands of individual procedure and demonstrates correct and adequate anatomic positioning skills.
- Maintains appropriate records as required by departmental standards.
Requires strenuous physical effort while assisting patients from wheelchairs and stretchers. Handles equipment and monitoring supplies. Must have good oral and written communication skills to interact with patients and hospital staff. May be required to frequently stretch, bend, twist, squat or kneel in operating radiographic equipment. Must be able to use hands for power gripping, speed work and precision during manipulation of radiographic equipment and in the case of injured and diseased patients. Vision and hearing for distances of up to 10 feet is necessary. May be exposed to various physical conditions throughout the workday such as walking on hard surfaces, climbing stairs, and being near moving equipment. Able to adapt to changes in temperature and humidity.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Performs radiographic examinations with proficiency utilizing radiation safety practices to produce a high quality examination with general supervision while under the direction of the Radiologist. Coordinates daily activities to include performing examination and clerical duties. Successful completion of a formal Radiology Technology Program in an AMA Approved facility required. Registered by the ARRT required OR if a New Graduate, must be registry eligible and must be registered within 1 year of hire date.1 year of direct patient care work experience preferred. BLS HCP certification from AHA required.