Ultrasound Technologist II Atrium Health Union West PRN
Matthews, NC, United States
Job ID: 46768
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11171083939352-Ultrasound
Location: Atrium Health Union West 1000 Healing Way, Matthews, NC
Prioritizes and coordinates ultrasound exams with nursing units, radiologists, and referring physicians. Performs ultrasound exams in accordance to departmental protocols and standards. Provides adequate patient care as it relates to the exam requested. Operates ultrasound and associated equipment with proficiency.
- Examines requests and verifies orders on each assigned patient
- Assists Radiologist in performance of invasive procedures
- Evaluates technical quality of exam and develops a superior varied technique for elevated efficiency in the department
- Supports and contributes to the Patient-Centered Care Philosophy by understanding that every staff member is a Caregiver, whose role is to meet the needs of each patient.
- Reports malfunctioning equipment to the Assistant Director, Lead Sonographer and/or Engineer.
- Operates the Radiology computer system to include entering and charging exams and supplies.
- Maintains assigned work area in a neat and orderly fashion. Assists in keeping the area completely stocked.
- Adheres to departmental rules and regulations while performing in a professional manner always
Requires moderate to heavy physical efforts in lifting and moving patients, equipment and supplies up to 600 pounds with assistance. Work requires walking, standing, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, pulling and lifting during normal operation. Requires mental skills to read and comprehend patient orders and technical materials. Motor coordination needed to operate heavy and delicate equipment. Intact sense of sight and hearing.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Certified by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers or American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (S) with specialty in Vascular required. One additional specialty examinations required: AB (Abdomen), BR (Breast), OB/GYN (Obstetrics and Gynecology), PS (Pediatric) or MSKS (Musculoskeletal) required. 1 year experience required. Graduate of a comprehensive medical diagnostic ultrasound program preferred. BLS HCP certification from AHA required. Interpersonal skills required.