Coordinator - Nursing Education
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 44574
Job Family: Education, Training & Development
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8AM to 5PM
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028331504-Nursing Orientation
Provides administrative support for the Nursing Orientation programs and maintains active participation with ongoing program responsibilities. This position is also responsible for assisting in the planning, implementation, delivery and evaluation of the Unit Secretary Orientation program.
- Assists Director in creating and maintaining department databases and communications related to: Nurse, Nurse Assistant, Unit Secretary, Nurse Extern, Contract and Travel Employees, Preceptor and Charge Nurse Workshops, Skills Lab Overview, Medication exams and regulatory data.
- Maintains responsibility for assisting with the coordination and facilitation of Unit Secretary Orientation program (USECO) and provides stand-up training for classes of 6-12 (typical size) newly hired Unit Secretaries several days per month. Works collaboratively with Director to develop improvements to USECO program and contributes to developing continuing education for the Unit Secretary.
- Serves as Department representative to Unit Secretary Council.
- Coordinates catering, scheduling and registration, document revision, reservs and maintains audio-visual equipment, classroom reservation requests and/or class evaluation reporting.
- Participates in Back Safety Competency, facilitates Nurse Orientation Skills Lab Overview, and Guest Presenter scheduling and introductions.
- Provides support to programs offered by Nursing Orientation and Development department including room setup, presentation, handout preparation, inquiries and problem solving.
- Ensures all logistical activities are carried out in an accurate and timely manner. Ensures programs are properly initiated and closed out.
- Assists Director with maintenance of vendor invoices and disbursements.
- Ensures classrooms are cleaned and restored to standard setup outlined by classroom diagram after each event.
- Supports corporate Nursing Professional Development programs in the Greater Charlotte Region including orientation, Nurse Aid I+4 and additional continuing professional development offerings.
Typing, filing and sitting for prolonged periods of time. Stretching, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 51 pounds in weight. Intermittent walking/standing. Must speak and understand English fluently with the ability to communicate and concentrate effectively, finger dexterity and close up vision is required for data entry operations.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Associates Degree preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred. Previous secretarial experience in healthcare environment required. 3 to 5 years of related experience or an equivalent combination and work experience required. Proficient computer skills for Microsoft Office suite, Laser ARC and Database proficiency required. Experience in the training field preferred.