Rome, GA, United States
Job ID: FH13235
Shift Details: Temporary
Department Name: 12311112541814-Security
Location: Floyd Medical Center
The Police Officer assists in the management of patient, visitor, and employee traffic, thereby providing a safe environment for patients, visitors, and staff. The Officer oversees a fixed post in the Emergency Care Center and patrols the assigned area to preserve peace and order, to protect persons and property, and to perform duties relating to the welfare and safety of the team members, patients, visitors, and property of the System. The Officer is a first responder to any imminent threat to life or safety.
1. High school diploma or GED from an accredited institute required
2. Must complete or have completed training that includes but is not limited to: Non-Violent Crisis Intervention/De-escalation, defensive tactics, baton, TASER, and firearms.
B. LICENSURES OR CERTIFICATIONS
1. Current Georgia P.O.S.T certification and employed with the local law enforcement.
2. Must complete BLS- Basic Life Saving, CPI- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention, and the International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety Basic Officer certifications within 1 year of employment
1. Two years of experience in law enforcement
2. Prior experience in successfully dealing with the public
3. Maintains competency in the technical skills relative to the implementation of safety and security policies