This job posting is no longer active.
Rome, GA, United States
Job ID: FH13562
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Varies
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 12311112544011-Nursing Education
Licensed Practical Nurses with no hospital experience and less than 2 years LPN experience will find more than a job at Floyd. Our LPN to RN Hospital Transition Program offers education and hands-on work experience that help participants acquire clinical and leadership skills. Each participant will take part in education sessions that may include classroom, simulation or other types of learning. A mentor will offer guidance during the journey.
What You Will Learn...
The qualified candidate will possess the following:
1. Graduated from accredited School of Practical Nursing
2. Successful completion of Pharmacology exam.
3. Current American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support certification, recertified annually.
4. Completion of competency checklist within first 90 days of employment.
5. Completion of unit specific recommendations within one year.
1. Previous experience in a hospital or medical office preferred; evidence of continuing professional development preferred.
1. Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse In the state of Georgia or Alabama as determined by job location.
D. Interpersonal requirements
1. Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills, has a commitment to customer service.
2. Communicates effectively with all applicable customers and age groups.
3. Works effectively with patients and patient families and maintains a collegial working relationship with medical staff and members of the health team.