Certified/Registered Medical Assistant - Resource Team
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 46418
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028331661-Nursing - Float Pool
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
Assists the physician and/or Advanced Care Practitioner (ACP) with patient care, patient intake at office visit, documentation, vaccine and medication administration, clerical, environmental, and organizational tasks. Assists with appointment scheduling and maintaining medical record. Must be available to provide clinical services in all patient care areas of expertise and knowledge, at all elected locations.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for newborn, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and/or geriatric population of patients, as pertinent to the scope of the specialty of the office setting.
- Pre-visit planning with provider and care team.
- Follows the patient intake/rooming work in place at the practice.
- May include medication administration, including injections.
- Check vital signs, height, weight.
- May assist with reviewing medication history and updating medication list.
- May assist with satisfaction of pertinent health maintenance requirements.
- Point of Care testing (POCT) per standing order or provider order.
- Utilizes standard precautions, complies with policies and other Regulatory Agency standards as applicable to the practice.
- Reports patient's condition and reaction to the provider following procedures, medication administration, or treatments.
- Assists with patient inquiries for prescription refills, appointment scheduling, and referral authorization as needed.
- Participates in electronic documentation of care at the direction of the provider.
- Completes CLIA approved waived laboratory tests and practice-specific diagnostic testing in adherence to CLIA standards. Performs Quality Control and maintenance for Point of Care in-office lab procedures, as applicable.
- Performs venipuncture. May be required to assist with collection of specimens of body fluids such as urine and blood for laboratory testing. Completes lab requisitions and prepares specimens for pick-up.
- Monitors inventory and stock medications, narcotics, and emergency edications/equipment specific to the practice setting.
- Ensures that all ordered laboratory and diagnostic tests are tracked and logged, and that the provider is presented with all test results.
Work consistently requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Possible exposure to communicable diseases. Must speak, read, and write Basic English fluently. Intact senses of sight, hearing, smell, and touch. Manual finger dexterity.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High school graduate or equivalent required. Recognized/certified as a CMA or RMA by one of the following National Organizations: American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), National HealthCareer Association (NHA), National Healthcare Worker’s Association (NHCWA), National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), American Registry of Medical Assistants (ARMA) American Medical Technologists (AMT), National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP), National Registry of Medical Assistants (NRMA). Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS certification. Must maintain current certification. Candidate must possess one of the following:Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program; Intermediate EMT or Paramedic Program with 3 years prior clinical experience required; Structured military training which is clinical in nature per DD214; Graduate of an Accredited School of Professional Nursing; 3 years on the job training and successful completion of Medical Group approved competency assessment.