Education Specialist - AHEC-Continuing Medical Education
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 46323
Job Family: Education, Training & Development
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: M-F 9am-5pm
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 55521008244001-Continuing Medical Education
Coordinates and evaluates a variety of AHEC/Regional Education Services' workshops based on AHEC needs assessments. Assists with workforce development initiatives, process improvement, AHEC Library Initiatives and grant writing activities.
- Develops, and presents workshops to meet the educational needs of health care professionals in the Charlotte AHEC region.
- Analyzes participant evaluations and assessments and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Writes measurable program objectives for AHEC workshops. Designs and administers evaluations, analyzes evaluations and assessments and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Meets nationally recognized criteria for continuing education credit when designing workshops.
- Researches potential grant opportunities and assists with development of grant proposals.
- Collaborates in quality initiatives and grants.
- Assists with AHEC Library Initiatives.
- Participates in statewide North Carolina AHEC Council and planning meetings.
- Provides planning and support to regional AHEC workshops and other AHEC initiatives.
Works in an office and classroom environment. Sight, hearing, and speech capabilities sufficient to communicate well with individuals and groups. Includes travel within Charlotte AHEC region and occasional statewide meetings.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred. Experience in healthcare education and knowledge of adult learning principles preferred. Computer skills required.