Special Police Officer - Regional
Shelby, NC, United States
Job ID: 46524
Job Family: Protective Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11111004941814-Security
Location: AH Cleveland Main - 201 E Grover St
Performs patrolling, surveillance, escorting, investigation and intervention services in an effort to protect the safety and security of patients of all ages, visitors, employees and property.
- Patrols hospital building and grounds and observes for unsafe, unsecure or illegal activity.
- Accomplishes and documents assigned rounds in accordance with established procedure and time frames.
- Ensures that assigned activities such as locking/unlocking doors occur in accordance with established procedure and time frames, without noted exception.
- Responds to calls for assistance.
- Appropriately and effectively intervenes when unruly, abusive, combative, threatening or armed persons are encountered, with no more than 1 noted exception, and no exceptions resulting in injury to self or others due to inappropriate or ineffective response.
- Communicates in a calm, factual, objective and courteous manner with all persons with whom communication or collaboration are necessary.
- Documents work activities and incidents.
Spends majority of time standing or walking with a reasonable amount of bending, stooping, kneeling and reaching. May have to run, or exert intense physical effort in moving or restraining others. Must have close and intermediate visual acuity. Must be able to hear and verbally communicate with others. Exposed to all-weather elements. Must be able to communicate effectively and clearly, both oral and written forms.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Completion of approved curriculum in basic law enforcement required. Attainment of commission under company police status required. Completion of BLS within the first 30 days of employment required. Valid State driver's license required. Certificate in Law Enforcement preferred. Two years of experience in a job requiring public interaction and physical activity required. Proven comparable patrol experience preferred.