Project Manager - Research
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 40799
Job Family: Professional Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 31701040040412-Research
Location: MMP - 1025 Morehead Medical Dr
Supervises the assigned project and collaborates with assigned staff/leaders ensuring high quality data with compliance. Coordinates and manages all aspects of the assigned project.
- Manages the assigned project and key deliverables
- Primary liaison between the project stakeholders
- Communicates on-going project status, potential issues, and timelines as required
- Plans, organizes, and manages all aspects of assigned retrospective, outcome, and prospective projects
- Organizes and leads necessary team training efforts for all facets of the project.
- Consults with staff/leaders to coordinate training and monitor efforts, as well as discuss noted findings
- Leads and manages the efforts of all key cross-functional departments to perform all project-related activities according to project milestones/timelines in a manner consistent with the applicable process, regulatory and accrediting entities, and ethical business practice
- Maintains communication as required, to discuss the outcome of any identified opportunities and/or barriers to the successful completion of the project Manages project financials
- Oversight and management of non-clinical education and research related operations for the Division of HPB Surgery including research, education, management of direct reports, and overall research and education program administration.
- Developing and negotiating budgets, payment terms, and contract language for all HPB surgery research projects, educational programs, and consulting agreements.
- Managing operational financials including budget development, annual projections, financial accounting, reconciliation of surgical training and research projects (e.g. tracking/accounting for receivables), and year-end reconciliation.
- Managing direct reports within the research and education department including traditional administrative responsibilities as well as managing and bridging interpersonal relationships between staff and faculty surgeons.
- Routinely applying for grant funding from industry, societies and federal organizations; negotiating payment terms and funding; and securing and managing approximately $2.5M in funding throughout tenure.
- Coordinating with internal and external stakeholders to secure contracts, budgets, grants, consulting agreements, confidentiality agreements, and other necessary documents/arrangements.
- Managing all financial and contractual aspects of ongoing research projects including expense reporting, invoicing, tracking receivables, reimbursements, research time & effort reporting, contract amendments/extensions, and project closures.
- Overseeing operational planning and logistics of all HPB surgery clinical and translational research projects including in-servicing of protocols with clinical staff, securing resources and equipment for projects, allocating appropriate staffing, and ensuring adherence to project timelines and terms.
- Orchestrating all aspects of HPB surgery educational courses throughout the entire project lifecycle including assisting with course curriculum and agendas, contract development with internal legal counsel, logistical course planning, securing funding through grant applications, and managing all financial and contractual components.
- Fostering and facilitating ongoing business relationships between HPB surgery group, counterparts at other institutions, and industry sponsors.
- Coordinating, managing, and hosting educational surgery course offerings to physicians worldwide.
- Organization and execution of swine/animal labs in Atrium Vivarium and offsite laboratories (full course management including vendor management, OR set up and course breakdown)
- Oversight of prospective randomized trial enrollment with comfort in the operating room as needed for patient enrollment and data collection.
Will work in office environment. Requires sitting, standing, lifting, supplies and equipment, and operation of a keyboard and computer. Responsibility to work in a safe manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's degree required. Minimum of 2 years relevant experience required.