Coordinator - OT/OTA Academic Fieldwork-Occupational Therapy
This job posting is no longer active.
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 40976
Job Family: Education, Training & Development
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11161010244205-Masters Program - Occupational Therapy
Location: Cabarrus College Main - 401 Medical Park Dr
Establishes academic fieldwork experiences for the department and is responsible for the program’s compliance; creates a bridge between academic education and clinical practice; designs, implements and evaluates program as required.
- Identifies and secures sites for fieldwork education; reviews quality and appropriateness of sites in collaboration with other faculty.
- Assigns students to fieldwork settings as required.
- Updates program manuals as required.
- Prepares documents required for fieldwork and program.
- Communicates with fieldwork educator regarding the curriculum model, course content and fieldwork.
- Manages issues with program.
- Develops educational plans as needed to promote effective learning processes in the fieldwork education sites.
- Completes a site visit on each student placement. .
- Monitors available opportunities for fieldwork experiences.
- Instructs and facilitates student learning and is responsible for curriculum development.
Visual and auditory acuity within normal limits or corrected. Frequent periods of standing, walking, sitting, bending and stretching. Able to use standard office equipment, including computers. Occasional driving to other locations. General college and selected clinical environments with possible exposure to infectious/contagious diseases, hazardous chemicals and materials, needle sticks, blood and body fluids. Environment is climate controlled with occasional exposure to inclement weather. Occasional need for heavy lifting, carrying or moving.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Demonstrates high level of competence in teaching and related activities. Master's Degree required. Professional certification and licensure as an occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant required. Minimum of 2 years full time or clinical experience in discipline preferred.