Patient Nurse Navigator - Atrium Health Kenilworth - Lung Nodule Program/Outpatient - FT Day
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 45784
Job Family: Nursing
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 33211005033318-Lung Screening
Location: Kenilworth 1 - 1237 Harding Pl
Coordinate the patient's care to increase the efficiency and quality of care that is delivered to the patient. This role will start at the time of the patient's initial scan for detection of pulmonary nodules, through diagnosis and the patient's journey throughout their care. Will be the patient advocate and care for them in a highly supportive and personal manner and also will serve as a liaison to ensure that patients and families receive resources and services as needed.
- Navigation & coordination of care for patients enrolled in preventative Lung Screening program or Incidental Lung Nodule program
- Oversee & provide clinical guidance to “Data Coordinator” responsible for managing patient database
- Program education and outreach to Atrium Health providers and practices; outreach to the community as requested (health fairs, community events, etc.)
- Serve as liaison to patients and families between departments for nodule evaluation, testing and diagnosis
- Serve a member of the multidisciplinary team to assist in clinical decisions regarding patients and to assist with decisions regarding program development
- Initiates and/or ensures smoking cessation resources for smoking patients
- Educates and provides information to new and existing patients and families regarding scans, diagnosis, work-up, treatments to include surgery, therapy, support services, financial issues, community resources, survivorship issues and follow-up.
- Serves as liaison for patients and families between departments.
- Ensures and coordinates (where appropriate) new patient referrals, scheduling of exams, procedures and appointments, identifies potential gaps as well as the coordination of care for patients returning to their communities for treatment and follow-up.
- Assesses every new patient for emotional and social needs as well as barriers to care such as: Health insurance, transportation, etc., and refers to the needed resources.
- Identifies trend barriers to patient expedient care and will conduct service recovery as needed. Responsible for patient satisfaction.
Ability to lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching. May require sitting/standing for long periods of time.
Education, Experience and Certifications
BSN Degree Required/MSN Preferred. Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina required. Certification in the appropriate specialized field within 2 years of being in the position required. Excellent communication skills required.