This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 45412
Job Family: Advanced Practice Provider
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 27461039130066-Intensivists - Pediatric
Location: MCP - 1001 Blythe Blvd
LCH Pediatric Cardiac ICU– APP High Acuity- Hybrid
This APP will function independently in the inpatient hospital in collaboration with a supervising physician and other members of a multidisciplinary team for our Pediatric Cardiology/CT surgical patients in the critical care Cardiac Unit.
• Functions independently to perform age-appropriate, disease specific history and physical examination of complex acute, critical, and chronic advanced heart failure patients.
• Rounds daily, does daily progress notes and bills.
• Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient’s specific needs, including laboratory and radiologic testing
• Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities
• Determines treatment plan for patient
• Monitors the effectiveness of interventions
• Documents all patient encounters, records observations, interventions, and actions in a medically appropriate manner in the patient’s electronic medical record
• Collaborates with members of the multidisciplinary team including, but not limited to: physicians, nurses, medical assistants, social workers, pharmacists, dieticians, and financial coordinators.
• Performs chest tube removals, pacer wire removals and pediatric ICU procedures specific to the role ( Chest tube insertion, central and arterial line access and intubations )
• Attends, participates, and contributes to group/practice meetings, readmission reduction efforts, and development of policies and procedures when requested
• Min Work standards- 1880 hours per year- shifts are varied with days, nights and weekends split amongst group excluding nocturnist APPs.
Must be approved to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state of North and South Carolina. Eligible for prescriptive authority application through the Board of Nursing or Medical Board in North and South Carolina. Must have or be eligible for a DEA license. BLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA required with expiration date greater than 90 days from date of beginning practice. Demonstrates appropriate critical thinking, interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize and concentrate.
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner- REQUIRED- will not consider any NP without certification by Atrium Guidelines.
Master’s Degree or Doctorate of Nursing Practice required.
License to practice as a Registered Nurse required. Certification in practice from a nationally recognized certifying body required.
Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required; Master’s Degree preferred. Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred.