Rock Hill, SC, United States
Job ID: 42144
Job Family: Medical Records Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 82521065732962-Radiation Therapy
Location: Rock Hil - 228 S Herlong Ave
Performs assignment of ICD and CPT codes in cases of low to intermediate complexity.
• Performs ICD and CPT coding of provider (professional) services and verifies that
all requisite charge information is entered.
• Appends limited modifiers, e.g., -24, -25, -59.
• Codes minor surgical procedures.
• Assigns Evaluation and Management (E/M) codes.
• Performs reconciliation process to ensure all charges are captured.
• Processes automated or manually enters charges into applicable billing system.
• Researches, answers, and processes all edits associated with claim and coding
• Processes charges on a timely basis and communicates with team members to be
sure department guidelines regarding timeliness are met.
• Communicates with providers related to coding issues that are of low to
• Annually reviews new and revised CPT and ICD codes.
• Assigns E/M codes from provider documentation
Works in a fast-paced office/hospital environment. Work consistently requires sitting and some walking, standing, stretching, and bending.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. CPC, CPC-A or equivalent coding credential required. Some coding, medical billing and/or clinical experience preferred. Maintains coding certification (CPC, CPCA, CCS, RHIT, RHIA). Annually reviews new and revised CPT and ICD codes. Understanding of and familiarity with regulatory guidelines including NCDs and LCDs. Working knowledge of coding, medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology.