Systems Engineer - Intermediate
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 43240
Job Family: Information Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342600-IAS Radiology Application & Support
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
Develops or modifies complex software programming applications. Assists with design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging and a documentation of programs. Applications generally deal with utility programs, job control language, macros, subroutines and other control modules.
- Works with system engineers to maintain performance levels of Unix, Windows95 and NT systems.
- Provides support for all data center activity especially ADSM, Tivoli, and LaserArc tools that reside with the data center.
- Coordinates with data center staff to implement, design, and support all data center applications and systems.
- Interfaces with Operations to ensure procedures are followed, updated and implemented.
- Develops all procedures for ADSM data recovery and sets backup policies.
- Implements, supports and tracks LaserArc applications and helps monitor Tivoli.
- Contributes to team effort by sharing of knowledge, offering assistance, and demonstrating initiative.
- Recommends and implements solutions for problems within the team.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and understand business impact of decisions made to fulfill customer expectations.
Work is subject to high-level visibility through exposure to administration. This position will require high degree of proficiency in verbal and written communications. Must be available for callback support on a regular basis. This position requires evenings and weekend hours at times for conversions training, due to schedules. Employee does not have direct patient contact. Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field preferred.