Teammate Health CMA - Atrium Health - Teammante Health - FT
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 46354
Job Family: Human Resources
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342209-Teammate Health
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
The Teammate Health Technician performs specimen collection, breath alcohol testing, Respirator fit testing, SBI/FBI finger printing, records data entry, record maintenance, and performs other general office duties in the Teammate Health (TH) office setting.
- Performs urine drug screens, breath alcohol testing, respirator fit testing and SBI/ FBI finger printing accurately with attention to detail.
- Completes training and passes test to be a Urine Drug Screen Collection Technician.
- Follows up with teammates for drug and alcohol screening according to department protocol and using the computer random test printout. Notifies appropriate supervisor/ manager of screen.
- Performs routine calibration testing on breath alcohol testing equipment
- Enters data accurately into the computer daily.
- Keeps areas clean, stocked, and organized.
- Cross trains to facilitate departmental fit tester training, breath alcohol training and drug screen training.
- Travels to Atrium Health locations to perform random drug screenings and acquisitioning processes.
- Assists with front desk coverage, answering department phones and voicemails/ emails, scheduling appointments.
Must exhibit trunk and extremity mobility and strength. Physical capacity, visual acuity, and manual dexterity for reaching, bending, stooping, climbing, lifting, pushing and pulling heavy loads while applying proper body mechanics. There is a minimum lifting requirement of 20lbs. Works in a fast-paced office setting or in an off-site setting that may change frequently. Requires flexibility and adaptability to sometimes erratic settings. Position requires the ability to concentrate on detail and repetition for long periods of time. Frequent lifting and carrying of supplies to various locations. Walking, bending and lifting are required. Works in a safe manner following all Atrium policies and procedures. Provides own vehicle for transportation to other Atrium Health locations.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High school diploma or equivalent is required. One-year experience in similar or related work setting required. Certified as a Breath Alcohol Technician and Urine Drug Screen Collection Technician within 90 days of hire. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. Attention to detail is essential, as are organizational and prioritization capabilities. Basic computer skills are needed. Completion of CMA / RMA completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program preferred. Certified as a CMA/RMA preferred. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA preferred.