Coordinator - Pre-Grant and Contract Levine Cancer Institute
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 45263
Job Family: Research Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 8 - 5pm
Remote Opportunity: Yes
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011036640304-Clinical Trials - LCI
Collaborates with investigators, scientific team members and leaders to coordinate the preparation, processing and submission of grant and fellowship applications and proposals. Ensures submissions are in compliance with agency and institutional policies. Interprets grant and contract requirements/regulations and funding agency guidelines. Prepares, analyzes and revises detailed proposal budgets; prepares in-depth projections of salaries, benefits, supply costs and overhead. Advises investigators on regulations, guidelines and deadlines for proposal submissions, staying cognizant of current changes and trends in federal and sponsor regulations that impact the pre-award aspect of scientific grant submission process.
- Completes pre-award grants administration process in accordance with federal guidelines, as well as administration of industry-sponsored studies.
- Provides leadership to ensure effective and efficient grant development.
- Manages grant application process including: completion of pre-submission documentation, preparation of accurate application package, approval of budget, coordination of submission to central office and funding agency, and tracking of final proposal.
- Resolves complex, sensitive, and other non-routine issues related to grant administration or contract negotiation.
- Gathers information from a variety of federal, state and private granting agencies. Interprets grant and contract requirements and funding agency guidelines.
- Provides consultation and technical services to support faculty and team members in developing external grant proposals that support the mission and goals.
- Prepares monthly monitoring reports for department to include upcoming proposal deadlines, report deadlines and other administrative renewals.
- Provides consultation to the Office of Grants and Contracts regarding grant requests from faculty and team members.
- Advises the leadership of grant funding programs. Reviews and disseminates information from sponsor's regarding deadlines.
- Ensures on-time submission of necessary documentation and monitors electronic submission processes. Maintains archives on submitted external proposals and contracts.
- Oversees establishment of new awards, reviews new grants and awards for compliance and requirements. Serves as a liaison between department and other units on all pre-award matters.
Requires periods of standing, sitting, walking, and some light lifting.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field required. 4 to 6 years of directly-related experience required.