Patient Transporter II
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 45319
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11141004831754-Patient Transport
Location: AH Cabarrus Main - 920 Church St N
Assist in coordinating daily transport/guest services activities to ensure safety, efficiency and courteous service to patients, visitors, and staff. Perform specialized patient lifts and moves. Perform customer service duties to include transports, escorts, equipment requests and basic patient care. Coordinates patients, visitors and staff activities throughout the facilities.
- Role models a positive Atrium Health image to patients, visitors, and staff by adhering to Our Atrium Health Way.
- Perform all job functions of Patient Transporter I.
- Assist with special projects.
- Perform special lifts and moves including education/training to patients, teammates, and families. (Lift Team Member).
- Assist with training and educating teammates.
- Conduct inspection on lift equipment and assist with maintaining par levels.
- Assist with restocking storage areas.
- Complete and maintain required training, educational programs, and certification.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Adhere to Atrium Health and departmental policies and procedures.
Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time. Must be able to push/pull all modes of patient transport equipment. Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds for moving and lifting patients required. Possible exposure to hazardous materials. Based on the physical requirements for this position all applicants for this position are required to undergo a physical ability test as a condition of employment.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Customer service and excellent interpersonal skills are required. Previous experience in a healthcare facility required. Certified Healthcare Transporter preferred. BLS HCP certification from AHA required. Computer or data entry skills preferred.