CT RADIOLOGY TECHNOLOGIST (Greensboro, Ga.)
This job posting is no longer active.
Milledgeville, GA, United States
Job ID: 44647
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 12031075239243-Radiology - Diagnostics
In an outpatient center, under indirect supervision performs all duties associated with acquisition, processing, submission for interpretation, and archiving of CT images. Responsible for the care of the patient while in the Cat Scan Department. Also will be required to perform X-Rays.
Essential Job Duties:
- Positions patient and formulates appropriate techniques to demonstrate cross-sectional anatomy of interest based on accepted radiographic principles. Judges diagnostic quality of finished medical images prior to submission to radiologist for interpretation.
- Performs venipuncture for administration of radiopaque media and assists in obtaining informed consent as appropriate
- Reviews all diagnostic imaging requests for appropriateness based on clinical information provided. All questionable orders are communicated to the radiologists for final approval.
- Performs clerical responsibilities associated with acquisition, processing, and archiving of patient records. Completes exams to capture charges for procedures performed
- Observes patient while in the cat scan department for change in status and makes appropriate intervention or contacts primary care givers for instruction.
- Must be a High School or GED Diploma Graduate.
- Graduate of AMA, JRC or Regionally Accredited approved school of Radiologic Technology
- Registered or registry eligible through ARRT.