Hematology/Oncology Infusion APP - LCI CMC
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 43773
Job Family: Advanced Practice Provider
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 28011005032950-Oncology - LCI
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
If it’s possible, you will find it at Atrium Health—the leading community-focused academic healthcare system serving North Carolina and South Carolina. We invite qualified Advanced Practice Providers to discover all that we can do when we bring healing hearts, inquisitive minds and progressive visionaries together in our hematology/oncology infusion team at Levine Cancer Institute in Charlotte, NC.
Levine Cancer Institute (LCI), a part of Atrium Health, is currently seeking a qualified Advanced Practice Provider to join the Infusion APP team at LCI-Morehead in Charlotte, NC. This provider functions primarily in the infusion center caring for hematology and oncology patients.
About the Position:
- Patients from all LCI locations are treated at this location
- Patient volume is approximately 180 patients daily for weekdays and 30 – 40 patients each weekend
- Duties include but are not limited to: Reviewing abnormal labs, treatment toxicities, acute problems, emergency management, management of infusion/transfusion reactions, patient education, participation in research and quality improvement projects, and education of infusion staff
- Primarily outpatient, plus coverage of Phase 1 Clinical Trials unit, with some rotation to Pineville infusion center
- Call Schedule: Staff work 4 ten-hour days each week and every 10th-12th weekend. Rotate minor holiday coverage. Infusion is only closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day. No call.
- Most labs are done in house, as is x-ray (plain film only)
- Staffing: Infusion is staffed by 7 APPs with a mix of NPs and PAs. Attending physicians are available for consult.
- Team collaborates with multi-specialty groups, including nutrition, navigation, radiation, surgeon, medical oncologist, integrative, palliative medicine, etc.
- Opportunity to teach APP students and fellows
- Clinic Hours: 0730-1730 alternating with 0800-1800
- Strong internal medicine skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to prioritize based on acuity in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Graduation from an accredited NP or PA program. Must be Acute Care NP or Physician Assistant. Current prescriptive privileges and DEA license required. BLS for healthcare provider from AHA required, ACLS preferred.
- Nurse practitioners are required to have a master’s degree or doctorate in nursing practice. Certification as acute care NP from a nationally recognized certifying body required.
- Physician Assistants with certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred. Current or pending CAQ certification preferred.
- 1+ years of experience preferred. Hematology/Oncology experience preferred but not required.
- NC Licensure
When you join Atrium Health, you will be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. Practice where your voice is valued, your passion for advancing medicine is rewarded, and you get the resources and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve medicine, elevate hope and advance healing—for all.