Occupational Therapist - Atrium Health at Home - Charlotte
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 45249
Job Family: Rehabilitative Services
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 42011008337710-Occupational Therapy
Location: APC - 5040 Airport Center Pkwy
Evaluates, plans, directs, and administers programs of Occupational Therapy (OT) upon referral by the physician. Plans and conducts OT programs to restore function, prevent disability, and help patients reach their maximum level of independence. Performs supervisory duties.
- Directs and supervises activities of OT assistants, OT technicians, students, and volunteers involved in administering care to patients and assists with orienting new and rotating staff.
- Evaluates patients and establishes appropriate patient care plan to include necessary modalities, procedures, exercise programs, and patient education as warranted by the patient's diagnosis and condition.
- Gathers and interprets appropriate data from the medical record, physician reports, patient, and/or family as evidenced by documentation and identifies need for and utilizes appropriate assistive and orthotic devices.
- Documents evaluations, tests, progress notes, daily treatment notes, attendance records, patient/family education, outcomes, discharge notes, and charges.
- Re-evaluates patients as needed, modifying goals and treatment as patient's status changes.
- Communicates patient's evaluation and subsequent progress to physician, referral sources, and other clinical staff and coordinates patient's schedule, treatment programs, discharge planning and recommends solutions to patient care problems.
- Provides and documents patient and family education in regard to deficits, progress toward goals, and therapeutic techniques, with individualized instruction for a home program including equipment use.
Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral/aural communication. Vision (corrected) adequate for reading. Intelligible speech and adequate language/cognitive skills to perform job duties. Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the day. Job duties sometimes require climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching overhead. Lifting of patients, equipment or supplies will be required up to 20 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally. Able to laterally transfer patients 100 pounds rarely. Must be able to demonstrate any appropriate exercise and activities to patients/caregivers. Personal Protective Equipment such as gloves, goggles, gowns, and masks are sometimes required due to possible exposure to hazardous chemicals or blood and body fluids. Work is in a fast-paced clinical environment. The work environment is primarily indoors but occasionally outdoors.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree in OT from an accredited OT program required. NC license for OT required. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.