Program Assistant- FT Day
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 44586
Job Family: Clerical Support
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011039132957-Oncology - Pediatric
Location: MCP - 1001 Blythe Blvd
Under general direction of department leadership, the Program Assistant performs the duties of the Care Coord/Auth/Sched Specialist and additional activities of higher complexity and demonstrates leadership skills. Additionally, this role serves as a central point of contact for providers, patients, and staff, and completes specialized duties in the service of the subspecialty program.
- Performs all functions of the Care Coord/Auth/Sched Specialist
- Serves as a central point of contact for the program for patients and staff
- Initiates and facilitates the resolution of patient issues and complaints utilizing other professionals as needed. Practices excellent customer service skills.
- Coordinates additional program specific meetings and committees such as selection and group teaching
- Completes data entry or data collection for program quality initiatives
- Audit documentation to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements of the program
- Orders program specific medical supplies
- Participates as a member on a department wide committee
- Participates in cross-functional quality improvement projects
- Precepts and mentors’ new hires
- Ensures clerical regulatory requirements of the program are met
- Performs provider schedule maintenance and appropriate
- Coordinate’s preparation and follow up from care team meetings (including Selection Committee, Waitlist Meetings, etc.) and maintains documents associated with this meeting.
- Maintains regulatory and quality or other tracking spreadsheets as requested by leadership of the program
- Completes requests for payment for invoices received such as transplant-related expenses, regulatory or registry-related fees, and any other program expenses
- Participates in program committees, councils, projects, and events
- Schedules meetings for management and the team as requested.
- Maintains meeting schedules for recurring meetings.
- Oversees completion of OSRs for the department
- Maintains Provider travel documents
Works in an office environment. Requires long periods of sitting, operating keyboard, and telephone. Must be able to lift 50 pounds in weight in handling the occasional lifting of documents or supplies. Occasional mobility required. Responsibility to work in a safe manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High school diploma or equivalent, Associate degree in Health, Business and /or related field preferred.
- At least 2 years’ experience within a specified subspecialty program, including (but not limited to) Liver Transplant, Kidney Transplant, Heart Transplant, Heart Failure or Liver Failure program
- Must complete must demonstrate leadership skills and ability to maintain increase in responsibilities by one of the following:
- Membership on a subspecialty committee/council membership
- Participation in a special project
- Participation in professional organizations/committees
- Completion of the Self-Leader certificate program or similar leadership training course
- Teammate must be in good standing within department
- Teammate must be Meets or Exceeds expectations