Unit Secretary AH CMC Main FT/Evening
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 44504
Job Family: Clerical Support
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011005030373-Nursing - LCH 11P Pediatrics
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
Assists with the clerical duties related to patient care and management of nursing under the supervision of the Nurse Manager, Assistant Nurse Manager, or Charge Nurse.
- Receives and forwards incoming telephone calls, conveys messages, and responds to requests for information.
- Ensures the appropriate disposition of laboratory and diagnostic reports.
- Assembles charts of discharged patients according to format and files all materials in patient records.
- Orders and monitors unit supplies.
- Assists the registered nurse with transcription of physician's orders.
- Assists with obtaining medical records.
- Enters and ensures accuracy of data into computer.
Responsible to work in a safe manner. Work requires walking, standing, lifting, reaching, handling of charts, supplies, and equipment.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Data entry experience and/or experience in health care preferred.