This position supports the CMC Nursing OBS unit and floats throughout the CMC Radiology Department providing interventional procedural nursing support.
Carolinas Medical Center (CMC) serves as the region’s only Level 1 trauma center and is an approved transplant center for heart, kidney, pancreas and liver. We also serve as one of North Carolina’s 5 Academic Medical Center Teaching Hospitals, providing residency training for more than 200 physicians in 15 specialties and serve as a satellite for the medical school at UNC-Chapel Hill.
Carolinas Medical Center has been named the Best Hospital in the Charlotte region by U.S. News & World Report for 5 years in a row. Also located at CMC is Levine Cancer Institute's academic and research headquarters, Carolinas Rehabilitation, named a Best Hospital for rehabilitation, and Levine Children's Hospital, consistently ranked as a Best Children's Hospital in multiple specialties by U.S. News & World Report.
The RN Clinical Nurse I provides professional nursing care through skillful assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation in accordance with facility or department policies procedures, and/or protocols under the supervision of the nursing leader. Assists in maintaining a safe work environment and performs all related job responsibilities in a safe manner. Maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the population of patients served.
- Collects data pertinent to the healthcare consumer's health or the situation. Analyzes the assessment data to determine actual or potential diagnoses, problems, and issues.
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the healthcare consumer or the situation.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies to attain expected, measurable outcomes.
- Implements the identified plan, coordinates care delivery, and employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment.
- Delegates elements of care to appropriate healthcare workers in accordance with any applicable legal or policy parameters or principles.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of goals and outcomes.
- Practices in a manner that is congruent with cultural diversity and inclusion principles.
- Communicates effectively in all areas of practice.
- Collaborates with healthcare consumer and other key stakeholders in the conduct of nursing practice.
- Leads within the professional practice setting and the profession.
- Integrates evidence and research findings into practice.
- Contributes to quality nursing practice.
- Evaluates one's own and others nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules and regulations.
- Utilizes appropriate resources to plan, provide, and sustain evidence-based nursing services that are safe, effective, and fiscally responsible.
- Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy manner.
- Practices ethically.
- Promotes shared governance, or facility decision making activities, developing and nurturing research to positively affect clinical outcomes and promotion.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak English in good, understandable terms. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or unit conditions. Physical Abilities Testing required.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. BSN preferred. Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider status according to American Heart Association. Current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state in which you work and reside or; if declaring a National License Compact (NLC) state as your primary state of residency, meet the licensure requirements in your home state; or for Non-National License Compact states, current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner required in the state where the RN works.