Patient Accounts Rep - Registrar - Rehab - Lincoln - FT
This job posting is no longer active.
Denver, NC, United States
Job ID: 43786
Job Family: Patient Accounting/Registration
Status: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11091029337653-Rehabilitation Services - Outpatient
Completes tasks for pre-registration, registration, data collection, reception, information distribution, payment and collections, obtaining consents and releases, insurance authorization and verification, and patient safety security system. Performs general clerical and office duties.
- Gathers required information to schedule patients appropriately. Performs insurance pre-certification and authorization functions. Collects current insurance information and benefits, including co-payments and other patient payments at the time of service and manages the handling of money received into computer or paper system.
- Discusses financial responsibilities, expectations, and options with patient. Refers patients to appropriate customer service representative as needed in order to set up payment plans.
- Notifies new patients of out-of-network benefit limitations and non-coverage of therapy services before first appointment.
- Serves as liaison between clinical staff and third party payers for authorization and billing issues related to therapy services.
- Updates the medical record and computer when changes in financial information, authorization, diagnosis, or physician orders occur.
- Prepares charts and assures all signatures obtained. Answers department telephones, schedules appointments and coordinates patient orders and appointment with appropriate therapist or assistant.
Works in a fast paced office environment with frequent interruptions by telephone or by other employees. Work may require long periods of sitting and reaching in front of body to operate telephone, computer, copier and fax machines. Work requires the ability to lift documents or supplies weighing I-10 lbs. frequently, 11-20 lbs. occasionally, and 21-50 lbs. rarely. Work requires bending and pivoting to perform filing and office activities. Reaching overhead will be required occasionally. Essential work requirements include frequent use of fingers and both hands, speaking with clear diction, hearing and vision at close-up ranges (24 inches). Employee is responsible for working in a safe manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Proficient typing and accurate spelling required. Experience with medical terminology, data entry, computer skills required. Knowledge of patient registration, insurance, and/or hospital billing preferred. Understanding of third party reimbursement and pre-certification preferred. Excellent communication skills and customer service required.