Patient Transport Lead - FT
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 42963
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11141004831754-Patient Transport
Location: AH Cabarrus Main - 920 Church St N
Coordinates and communicates between multiple departments to arrange patient transports, transfers, discharges and room cleaning. Assists in providing patients and visitors with competent and courteous service. Exudes professional customer service while multi-tasking within a diverse job role. Works as a team player in order to consistently achieve departmental goals and maintain patient safety.
- Assists the Director, Operation Manager and Operation Supervisors in establishing policies and procedures to ensure courteous, safe, and efficient movement of patients and guests throughout the Medical Center. Performs functions as an Operation Supervisor in his/her absence.
- Monitors Specialists, Patient Transporters I and II team members to ensure they follow hospital/departmental policies and procedures.
- Ensures there is adequate coverage in areas of responsibility at all times.
- Notifies leaders of any department issues.
- Monitors and documents Specialists, Patient Transporters I and II performance to provide input for performance evaluations.
- Coordinates patients, visitors, and staff activities at the Main and Staff Entrance.
- Coordinates and monitors Patient Transport activities through timely and accurate dispatching.
- Ensures adequate, safe, and clean equipment is available for transporting of patients.
- Participates in new teammate orientation, safety training, and customer service training of all Specialists, Patient Transporters I and II.
- Responsible for all patients transport activities in assigned area and handles difficult situations as they arise.
- Assists in coordinating patient transport activities with other departments to ensure timely, safe and efficient transportation services.
- Maintains knowledge and skills necessary to function the computerized dispatch and patient tracking system and provide adequate patient information .
- Operates the Call Center.
- Analyzes reports related to departmental productivity.
- Promotes a safe environment and performs all work related duties in a safe manner.
- Ensures staff compliance with Joint Commission and all Regulatory Agencies.
- Maintains inventory of supplies.
- Manages requests assigned to personnel.
- Works under time constraints. Prioritizes work and communicates effectively with staff and management.
Works in an indoor/outdoor fast-paced, customer-oriented environment. Exposure to all elements of weather conditions. Lengthy periods of standing and walking. Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds for moving and lifting patients. Ability to push/pull all patient transport equipment. Exposure to hazardous materials. Must be able to move Wheelchairs, General Transport Stretchers, Beds, Cribs, Carts, Oxygen Tanks, and Regulators. Uses a Computer, Copy Machine, Fax Machine, Telephone and Pager.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate Degree with two years in Leadership capacity at a healthcare facility or hotel preferred. Knowledge of Microsoft Office required. Previous experience in a guest or public relations area preferred. Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to ensure adequate patient information is provided by using computerized programs such as Visitor's management and Picis.