$ Sign-On Bonus Eligible
Albemarle, NC, United States
Job ID: 42966
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Part Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Split position between Stanly and Union Radiation Oncologist, with potential travel to other locations
Remote Opportunity: No
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11131007432962-Radiation Therapy
This position is Sign-on Bonus eligible. Experienced candidates are eligible for up to $5,000 for Part Time positions, and up to $10,000 for Full Time positions. In addition to the sign-on bonus, new teammates at Atrium Health are eligible for robust benefits packages, paid time off, and opportunities for career advancement.
Interested in being considered? Please apply and a member of the Talent acquisition team will be in contact with the next steps via email or phone. Feel free to share this opportunity with others that may be interested as well and visit our careers page: https://careers.atriumhealth.org/search/radiology-services/jobs.
Responsible for the optimum planning and treatment of the radiation therapy patient with ionizing radiation in accordance with the written directive of the Radiation Oncologists, and under the direct supervision of the Chief Therapist.
· Treats patients with ionizing radiation in adherence to all regulatory guidelines.
· Monitors all equipment parameters, documents equipment malfunctions and understands all emergency and safety procedures of all equipment.
· Maintains accurate medical records and treatment schedules.
· Inputs treatment and simulation charge information into Aria.
· Documents patient treatment chart.
· Understands emergency and fault procedures for linear accelerators and simulators.
· Recognizes and reports patient concern and physical problems to appropriate personnel.
· Communicates instructions and procedures to patients and their families.
· Maintains organization and cleanliness in the clinic.
This position requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift and support 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment and supplies. Must speak and understand English. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell and touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly and make decisions to changes on the unit.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate of an AMA approved school of Therapeutic Radiology or international equivalent. ARRT registered or registry eligible, must pass registry in the first 90 days of employment. BLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA required.