Senior Manager- Ambulatory Services
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 43421
Job Family: Director/AVP (Dept Head)
Status: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011040032412-Gastrointestinal Medicine
Partners with the Admin Director, physician co-leader, leadership team, and various support departments to create practice environment and operations to drive progress and achieve goals in the areas of financial performance, revenue cycle management, patient satisfaction, telephony performance, employee engagement, provider satisfaction, quality of care, Care Coordination, patient and teammate safety, EMR Meaningful Use, e-Health, and other initiatives directs and supervises an active research group and participates fully in the educational and research activities of the department.
- Oversees the daily operations of the practice, with the physician co-leader to include: scheduling and registration of patients, verification of insurance, clinical work-up, treatment and flow of patients, capture of clinical information in the EMR, proper coding and charging of services rendered, scheduling and pre-certification of specialty referrals and ancillary services, collection of co-pays and co-insurance payments.
- Ensures that practice operations and team members are knowledgeable of and in compliance with applicable regulatory, licensing and accrediting agency standards and applicable state and federal laws, as well as policies and procedures as defined by the System.
- Promotes effective communication dialogue with providers and staff through daily huddles, regularly scheduled staff meetings, or other means of communication.
- Analyzes data with physician co-leader, using data to work collaboratively with providers, other team members, patients and vendors to continually enhance performance, positively effecting clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction.
- Demonstrates fluency in the EMR/Canopy, effectively implementing and monitoring utilization of the tool for improved preventive medicine and disease management practices. Achieves goals in Appropriate Care Measures of Quality and Meaningful Use of the EMR.
- Assumes responsibility for the recruitment of qualified staff.
- Works with team members on mutual goal setting, providing regular performance feedback and evaluation.
- Manages practice by improving utilization of resources, and maintaining practice efficiency while seeking to minimize operational costs. Assigns duties and determines staff work schedules based on competencies of available staff and patient/practice needs.
- Promotes the financial viability and accomplishment of financial goals of the practice by effectively managing billing, collections and budget processes, including proactive cost containment activities.
Works in a fast paced research and administrative environment. This position requires the ability to stand, walk, sit, lift, speak, hear, and use telephone. Is responsible for working in a safe manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred. At least 2 years of experience in a medical practice (or completion of a practice manager training program), including managing the financials (billing, collection, etc.) in a medical facility environment, is desired. Relevant certifications (MGMA, ACHE or the Professional Association of Health Care Office Management) are preferred. Excellent written and spoken communications skills in English are required. Bilingual in other language/s based on working location and relevant patient population is preferred.