Coordinator - Oncology Research Data-Transplant and Cellular Therapy (TCT) Program
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 42780
Job Family: Research Services
Status: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011036631162-LCI Bone Marrow Transplant Administration
Plans and designs databases and runs queries for multiple research projects. Coordinates and performs data entry and maintains and updates current protocol and syllabi for all research projects. Assists with inventory, ordering and distribution of supplies. The Research Data Coordinator is responsible for collecting, evaluating, analyzing, planning, conducting, and reporting all data management for the TCT program. The Oncology Research Coordinator is responsible for accurate and timely submission of data to reporting agencies and works in collaboration with the department and leadership team.
- Conducts and manages data for subjects enrolled in grant funded projects.
- Creates and runs queries from research databases.
- Obtains required forms, reports, and other pertinent information required for subject data analysis.
- Collects and submits pertinent information from source documents on appropriate data forms/flow sheets/databases within designated timelines.
- Assists with inventory, ordering and distributing of supplies and pharmaceuticals, excluding controlled substances.
- Coordinates preparation of data for research base audits and site visits.
- Maintains and updates current protocol and syllabi for all research projects.
- Assists in writing/updating project newsletter and website information.
- Serves as a resource for study databases and study related online files.
Additional Essential Functions
- Presents and obtains patient informed consent.
- Coordinates accurate data collection and record keeping by reviewing documents and processes for quality assurance and ensures timely and accurate submission of data.
- Collects, reviews, and analyzes statistical data for the program.
- Completes and submits patient data to the Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research (CIBMTR).
- Completion of CRF (CRFs) maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Meets productivity and quality standards for data submission.
- Completion and resolution of queries from reporting agencies.
- Coordinates and prepares for internal and external audits.
- Proactively works with Clinical Transplant Nurse Coordinators, referring physician offices, and other departments to obtain information required to complete assigned forms.
- Utilizes clinical application to organize workload and communicate current status of assigned forms.
- Maintains adequate knowledge of Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplant and new therapy developments.
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Assists in the development, improvement and review of Standard Operating Procedures and processes.
- Provides educational and technical assistance to research staff including orientation and mentoring of new research teammates.
Performs most work under normal office conditions. May include sitting for long periods of time, standing, walking, using repetitive wrist motions, and occasional lifting of articles 10-15 pounds. Stretching and bending for filing. Requires frequent verbal and written communication in English. Intact sense of sight, hearing and manual and finger dexterity required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree in Science preferred. Research and data collection experience preferred. Hematology/Oncology experience strongly preferred.