Supervisor Radiology Technologist Atrium Health CMC
This job posting is no longer active.
$ Sign-On Bonus Eligible
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 42452
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011005039243-Radiology - Diagnostics
This position is Sign-on Bonus eligible. Experienced candidates are eligible up to $5,000 for Part Time positions, and up to $10,000 for Full Time positions. In addition to the sign-on bonus, new teammates at Atrium Health are eligible for robust benefits packages, paid time off, and opportunities for career advancement.
Performs all technical aspects in the department. Maintains a high level of technical proficiency to assist in the development of new techniques and protocols for the department. Supervises technologists in day-to-day operations.
- Supervises activities of team members and adequate coverage of all areas in the department. Monitors team member productivity levels, accuracy of exams and appropriate patient care and monitoring.
- Coordinates and organizes the patient flow throughout the department, prioritizing procedures and shifting workloads as needed.
- Verifies quality of exams on all procedures performed by team members.
- Maintains a high level of technical proficiency in regards to system management.
- Obtains medications, radiopharmaceuticals, or contrast materials as directed for administration by a licensed practitioner, authorized/certified technologist or registered nurse.
- Assures that the team keeps areas stocked for the next day and maintains documentation of patient output, downtime of equipment and supply charges.
- Maintains team member records and documents paid time off requests, reasons for absences and tardiness.
- Assists with preparing technical team evaluations.
- Troubleshoots equipment or procedure problems with appropriate follow-up to service engineers, managers and physicians.
Requires moderate to heavy physical efforts in lifting and moving patients, equipment and supplies. Assists patients throughout their exam and procedure. Strenuous physical effort may be required while assisting patients from wheelchairs and stretchers. Requires unrestricted walking, standing, reaching, stooping, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling and lifting. Must be able to read and understand patient orders and technical materials. Motor coordination needed to operate heavy and delicate equipment. Intact sense of sight and hearing for distances of up to 20 feet is necessary.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate of an Accredited 2-year AMA Graduate of an accredited two-year AMA and ARRT approved program in Radiologic Technology required. Minimum of three years experience required. 1-year supervisory experience preferred. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required. Completion of IV starting and contrast administration competencies before performing venous contrast administration.