Strategist – Community Engagement & Corporate Responsibility
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 41742-OTHLOC-300000013766246
Job Family: Human Resources
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028341707-Community Relations
Location: Charlotte - 9401 Arrowpoint Blvd
Supports the development, alignment, execution and evaluation of community and social impact (CSI) strategies from conception to implementation. Works in partnership with leaders in designing and implementing Atrium Health's community and social impact strategy and action plan to achieve defined goals across the South Market (South Meck, York, Lancaster counties). Cultivates and manages long-term relationships that influence Atrium Health’s reputation, awareness, and social impact with teammates, patients and community partners. Implements and activate plans in line with best practices and Atrium Health’s core values, mission, priorities and overall business strategy.
- Support the development and execution from creation, distribution, management, and implementation of defined community engagement and corporate responsibility programs.
- Ability to manage a wide range of relationships with community partners, internal and external stakeholders, and track interactions with these groups
- Maintain and utilize community engagement tracking tools to provide full record of activities, to compile data, and to develop reports.
- Participates in meetings, events, symposiums, or initiatives that cross both social impact, community engagement/corporate responsibility involvement by providing regular updates, identifying challenges, and reporting on a project plan.
- Work collaboratively with other internal departments.
- Serve as a representative for Atrium Health on committees (internal and external community coalitions)
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships with community stakeholders including local elected officials, nonprofits, corporate partners, public health officials, and foundations while continually assessing and making recommendations for appropriate level of funding and mutually beneficial engagement opportunities.
- Communicate, advance, emphasize, and prioritize programs such as: community giving, community service and community investment opportunities.
- Identify healthcare and CSR trends and support management in the formation and development of the Atrium Health CSR strategy.
- Requires reading, comprehending, and editing materials. Requires clear and effective communication.
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills required
- Able to lift boxes, etc. when setting up events in community
- Exceptional PowerPoint, MS Word and Excel skills required
- Self-directed with excellent time management and detail orientation
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced healthcare environment with tight deadlines
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once
- Adaptability based on changing needs of the organization
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's degree in a related field such as public relations, public health, human service-related communications, or marketing, business, or public policy. 3 years of experience required in community relations, non-profit management, corporate giving, or corporate responsibility. Familiarity with corporate social responsibility programs, local community organizations, programs, and nonprofit groups.