Ophthalmic Technician, Atrium Health Ophthalmology -Morehead, FT, Days
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 41897
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 31691021733021-Ophthalmology
Location: Charlotte - 817 E Morehead St
To perform an extensive number of data collection functions as delegated by the physician to allow for proper professional diagnosis of patients and to do so in a way that instills patient confidence and treatment. Demonstrate ophthalmic tech skills with accuracy and quality. Provide chair side physician assistance and administer treatment as ordered by the physician. Prepare exam rooms, escort patients to room, and prep them for physician. Assist in patient education regarding medications and post op instructions and what to expect after treatment of surgery or procedure.
- Informs patients of the purpose of all tests performed and how they will be affected during the test.
- Obtains chief complaint, history of present and new illness, past history, old and new family history, and history of allergies and medications, record last known prescription. Update medication sheet.
- Performs accurate and consistent documentation and measurement tasks to include measuring and recording of: blood pressure, refractions, TA's, K Readings, Visual Field testing, Corneal mapping, auto refraction
- Assists in the performance of complex medical procedures requiring special assistance. Involved in direct patient care to include: post surgical wound care.
- Determines which patient is seen next based on physician's bin or emergency
Requires consistent walking, standing, and sitting. Requires some lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds in handling of some medical equipment or supplies. Must speak and read proficient English.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Ophthalmology experience required, COA or COT certification preferred.