Patient Nurse Navigator - Epilepsy/Neurodiagnostic - FT Days
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 39756
Job Family: Nursing
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011005032872-Neurodiagnostic
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
Epilepsy Patient Nurse Navigator:
- Identifies epilepsy patients within the hospital and provides individualized seizure education while the patient is hospitalized.
- Follows up with patients after discharge to enhance the continuum of care by discussing follow up appointments, medication compliance and coordination of care.
- Assists in the development of Epilepsy education for patients and families.
- Coordinates Epilepsy meetings with the interdisciplinary Epilepsy team to discuss process development and improvement.
- Helps support growth of remote epilepsy monitoring by providing staff education and assisting in planning for staff needs within the system.
- Analyzes data and completes case reviews to identify trends for process improvement opportunities.
- Provides education to providers and nursing team regarding changes in Epilepsy treatment, policies and processes.
- Works closely with the Epilepsy team to maintain our disease specific certification for the Epilepsy center.
- Contributes and assists with monthly local support group meetings and events for Epilepsy patients and their families.
Coordinate the patient's care to increase the efficiency and quality of care that is delivered to the patient. This role will start with the time of the patient's diagnosis and will continue through the patient's journey throughout their care. Will be the patient advocate and care for them in a highly supportive and personal manner and also will serve as a liaison to ensure that patients and families receive resources and services as needed.
- Provides language specific education, psychosocial support, and necessary resources for newly diagnosed patients pertinent to their specific disease, and their families, and coordinates appropriate referrals for those needed services.
- Educates and provides information to new and existing patients and families regarding diagnosis, work-up, treatments to include surgery, therapy, support services, financial issues, community resources, survivorship issues and follow-up.
- Serves as liaison for patients and families between departments.
- Ensures and coordinates (where appropriate) new patient referrals, scheduling of exams, procedures and appointments, identifies potential gaps as well as the coordination of care for patients returning to their communities for treatment and follow-up.
- Contacts every newly diagnosed patient at the time of the diagnosis.
- Assesses every new patient for emotional and social needs as well as barriers to care such as: Health insurance, transportation, etc., and refers to the needed resources.
- Identifies trend barriers to patient expedient care and will conduct service recovery as needed. Responsible for patient satisfaction.
Ability to lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching. May require sitting/standing for long periods of time.
Education, Experience and Certifications
BSN Degree Required/MSN Preferred. Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina required. Certification in the appropriate specialized field within 2 years of being in the position required. Excellent communication skills required.