Shelby Women's Care OB/GYN- Midwife II
Shelby, NC, United States
Job ID: 38096
Job Family: Advanced Practice Provider
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 29581047033516-Obstetrics/Gynecology
Location: Shelby - 110 W Grover St
Functions independently in an inpatient care setting, clinic or office setting in collaboration with a supervising physician. Provides care for caring for laboring patients, and may include providing obstetrical and gynecological care in the clinic or office setting.
- Assesses health status utilizing advanced physical examination and medical history skills, and designs individualized health care management plans in collaboration with other health professionals.
- Manages health care within protocols mutually agreed upon by physician and team members.
- Identifies abnormal findings early and initiates appropriate intervention.
- Assesses and provides support for the cultural, psychosocial, language and physically challenged needs of the family unit.
- Provides health care management, functioning within the guidelines of the Nursing Practice Act, the Medical Practice Act, other regulatory agencies.
- Serves as a role model/clinical resource in all aspects of job performance and human relation's skills.
- Demonstrates appropriate critical thinking, interpersonal skills, find the ability to prioritize and concentrate.
- Assesses own practice needs, as well as those of the other members of the health care team, and develops methods to meet those needs.
- Participates on committees and in research as appropriate.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak English fluently and in understandable terms. Must possess intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch, and finger dexterity. Must have the ability to react and perform in stressful situations.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Completion of a MSN and graduate level Certified Nurse Midwife Program required. License to practice as a Registered Nurse required. Certified by the American Midwifery Certification Board and approved to practice as a Nurse Midwife in the state one works required. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider from AHA required. 3 years experience in labor and delivery preferred.