Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 40334
Job Family: Nursing
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11161010244203-Baccalauerate Program - Nursing
Location: Cabarrus College Main - 401 Medical Park Dr
Serves as a role model to nursing faculty and provides academic and administrative leadership for the BSN program unit. Ensures program quality through curriculum oversight, personnel selection and guidance, student enrollment and retention, utilization of data to inform continuous improvement, adherence to accreditation standards, and the projection and procurement of resources within budget. Scholarship and service are expected in accordance with level of academic rank.
• Creates an environment conducive to teaching and learning by recruiting and hiring qualified faculty, assigning equitable workloads to maximize effectiveness, visiting classes and/or clinical sites to observe the teaching/learning process, and providing regular feedback.
• Oversees the planning, development, and implementation of curriculum in accordance with emerging trends and accrediting bodies.
• Utilizes a variety of active learning strategies and challenges students to think critically, perform at high standards of competence, and develop cultural humility.
• Ensures course and program outcomes are achieved and utilizes data to inform continuous quality improvement.
• Collaborates with Admissions and Student Affairs staff to recruit, select, and retain students.
• Anticipates and recommends program resource needs; develops, implements, and monitors program budgets; and ensures that policies and procedures guide and support the program.
• Engages in scholarly endeavors and service activities as specified by the academic rank policy.
• Demonstrates a positive and professional attitude, self-discipline, and strong work ethic while embodying core values of caring, commitment, teamwork, and integrity.
Normal or corrected auditory and visual acuity. Frequent periods of standing, walking, sitting, bending, and stretching. Frequent movement throughout college and community sites as needed. Able to use standard office equipment, including computers.
Environment is climate controlled with occasional exposure to inclement weather when travelling between buildings. Occasional driving to other locations. Generally works days with occasional evenings, nights, and weekends. Clinical/Fieldwork Instruction:
Possible exposure to infectious/contagious diseases and hazardous materials.
Exposure to chemical agents utilized for routine cleaning and disinfectant procedures. Moderate amounts of balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching as well as UE motor control and coordination and finger work. Medium strength requirements with occasional need for heavy lifting, carrying, and moving.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Master of Science in Nursing from a regionally accredited college or university required. Doctoral degree preferred. Current unencumbered N.C. registered nurse licensure. Minimum 5 years teaching experience required, three years higher education or nursing instruction preferred. Minimum of 3 years clinical nursing experience required. Minimum 1 year online teaching experience required. Management skills and experience preferred. Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Excellent organizational skills. Excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills. Strong computer skills and general knowledge of office equipment. Congenial and able to inspire confidence in others. Additional requirements as deemed necessary by individual program accrediting bodies.